Massage "Table Talk"

It's not rocket science, but some Massage Therapists, and other body workers, still ignore the
importance of their second most important tool. (I don't have to tell you what the first one is)!.

Your massage table does not have to be state of the art, with leg extensions and arm extensions. If you can afford it, great! But, if you are going to be doing more than one or two massage at a time, the table, if you're using one, is very important.

Having a massage table that is sturdy, adjustable for height, and has some width to it, can make a huge difference in how well you work, how well the client accepts your massage, and, how long you last!

If the table is shaky, you will worry about it's reliability, and the client will certainly not be able to relax for fear of the table collapsing beneath him or her. Similarly, if the table has a good width to it, the client can feel more relaxed as their whole body can fit on it.

Lastly, and instrumentally huge, is the ability to adjust table height. Proper table height not only enables the therapist to work with the least amount of stress on their body, but, also allows us to do techniques we know, that we might be able to do if the table were too high or low for us. With proper posture, we can just work better, and last longer.

Sometimes, we split room times with other therapists. And, sometimes, I know for myself, I just don't feel like taking the time or energy to change the height of the table to suit me. Let me tell you, it's worth it!

I have been fortunate to have had an adjustable table to use at my clinic for the past 11 years of my 17 year Massage Therapy career, and, I know I wouldn't have been able to continue with this as my full time love, and job, if I hadn't had that table to help keep me injury-free and with very little physical stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment